Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Text/IDE Python Editor?

Text/IDE Python Editor?

djanvk@gmail..com

Any recommendations on a editior/IDE for programming in python?

I'm using windows xp.

Thanks

Simon Brunning

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors

--
Cheers,
Simon B,

Peter A. Schott

Also, it depends on what you're trying to do. GUI, Web, Service-type apps, etc.

I have started using Stan's Python Editor (www.stani.be) because I like the
general features it offers. It does require wxpython to run, though. I've also
used Boa Constructor and DrPython - both pretty good environments. I believe
that they are both dependent on wxpython as well.

Some people like Eric - now available for XP using PyQt under the Qt GPL'd
version. I had a little trouble with it running correctly - probably due to a
config issue on my part. I will admit to not spending a lot of time with it,
though.

If you don't need the GUI IDE, there are a whole bunch of options available.
More than I'm able to delve into properly.

Best answer is to play around a little with the different IDE's and find the one
that works for your coding style. Also, check the archives for this group. This
topic has come up quite a bit recently.

-Pete

Simon Brunning <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 8/12/05, djanvk@gmail..com <djanvk@gmail..com> wrote:
> > Any recommendations on a editior/IDE for programming in python?

> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors

djanvk@gmail..com

THanks for the information and the review..

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:57:04 GMT, Peter A. Schott
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Also, it depends on what you're trying to do. GUI, Web, Service-type apps, etc.
>
>I have started using Stan's Python Editor (www.stani.be) because I like the
>general features it offers. It does require wxpython to run, though. I've also
>used Boa Constructor and DrPython - both pretty good environments. I believe
>that they are both dependent on wxpython as well.
>
>Some people like Eric - now available for XP using PyQt under the Qt GPL'd
>version. I had a little trouble with it running correctly - probably due to a
>config issue on my part. I will admit to not spending a lot of time with it,
>though.
>
>If you don't need the GUI IDE, there are a whole bunch of options available.
>More than I'm able to delve into properly.
>
>Best answer is to play around a little with the different IDE's and find the one
>that works for your coding style. Also, check the archives for this group. This
>topic has come up quite a bit recently.
>
>-Pete
>
>Simon Brunning <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 8/12/05, djanvk@gmail..com <djanvk@gmail..com> wrote:
>> > Any recommendations on a editior/IDE for programming in python?

>> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors

spe.stani.be@gmail.com

Next release of SPE will include the new debugger of Nir Aides to make
it complete.

Stani

http://www.stani.be
http://pythonide.stani.be