Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Pix SSH timeouts to inside linux server?

Pix SSH timeouts to inside linux server?

Max

Hi,

I've been having to deal with this for some time on several client sites and
was wondering if there is a fix.

Basically, when I connect to linux server using SSH through a Pix device,
and the connection is left idle for a certain amount of time, the connection
dies. I'm sure this is a security feature, but as I do a lot work on various
linux servers at many sites, I'd like to disable this.

I know of the pix statement for telnet and ssh timeouts, but will this also
control the 'pass-through' ssh connection?

Thanks,
Max

Walter Roberson

In article <k55Qc.150$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Max <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I've been having to deal with this for some time on several client sites and
:was wondering if there is a fix.

:Basically, when I connect to linux server using SSH through a Pix device,
:and the connection is left idle for a certain amount of time, the connection
:dies.

:I know of the pix statement for telnet and ssh timeouts, but will this also
:control the 'pass-through' ssh connection?

No, not at all.

I would suggest you check the duration you have assigned to your
'conn' timeout.
--
Warhol's Second Law of Usenet: "In the future, everyone will troll
for 15 minutes."

ssh and tftp through a pix to pix vpn Blouz Cisco 2 02-02-2005 10:51 PM
Can't ssh from Linux to PIX Ste Cisco 2 09-05-2004 06:41 PM
SSH to Linux and Linux to PIX Ste Cisco 1 08-29-2004 10:50 PM
forms authentication timeouts and session timeouts =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?= ASP .Net 0 06-22-2004 09:24 AM
Session-Timeouts and Idle-Timeouts on AS5300 and AS5800 Matt Cisco 1 02-17-2004 06:59 PM

Advertisments