Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Supressing argument renaming in the Qt Designer -> pyuic workflow

Supressing argument renaming in the Qt Designer -> pyuic workflow

Madhusudan Singh

Hi

Some of the functions I defined inside Qt Designer need to have some values
passed to them.

For instance :

Code :

void Form3::runningplot(n,plottitle,xname,x,y1name,y1,y 2name,y2)

is translated by pyuic to

Python code :

def runningplot(self,a0,a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7):

Now, while I understand that the first argument of the function has to be
"self", the change in the names of the parameters in the function
definition (and no corresponding change in the function body - which I
would not expect anyways) messes up everything.

Is there a way to tell pyuic to not translate plottitle -> a0, xname -> a1,
etc., but keep the names as they are ?

Thanks.

Phil Thompson

On Thursday 11 August 2005 6:36 pm, Madhusudan Singh wrote:
> Hi
>
> Some of the functions I defined inside Qt Designer need to have some values
> passed to them.
>
> For instance :
>
> Code :
>
> void Form3::runningplot(n,plottitle,xname,x,y1name,y1,y 2name,y2)
>
> is translated by pyuic to
>
> Python code :
>
> def runningplot(self,a0,a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7):
>
> Now, while I understand that the first argument of the function has to be
> "self", the change in the names of the parameters in the function
> definition (and no corresponding change in the function body - which I
> would not expect anyways) messes up everything.
>
> Is there a way to tell pyuic to not translate plottitle -> a0, xname -> a1,
> etc., but keep the names as they are ?

No, there is no way to do this at the moment.

Phil