Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > xml-object mapping

xml-object mapping

Tamas Hegedus

Hi!

I am looking for an xml-object mapping tool ('XML Data Binding-design
time product') where I can define the mapping rules in 'binding files'
and the parser is generated automatically.

Similar to the solution of Dave Kuhlman
(http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/generateDS.html) where the mapping is
defined in an xml file (if I am understand well).

But I already have the target object. The xml-tags should not be used as
a property/member name, but should be mapped to an existing object.

(There are existing tools, but written in Java (I would prefer Python; I
am biologist not using Java for 5 years), like JiBX
(http://jibx.sourceforge.net), Castor (http://www.castor.org; "XML-based
mapping file to specify bindings for existing object models"))

Thanks for your help in advance,
Tamas

--
Tamas Hegedus, PhD | phone: (1) 919-966 0329
UNC - Biochem & Biophys | fax: (1) 919-966 5178

uche.ogbuji@gmail.com

"I am looking for an xml-object mapping tool ('XML Data Binding-design
time product') where I can define the mapping rules in 'binding files'
and the parser is generated automatically.

Similar to the solution of Dave Kuhlman
(http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/ generateDS.html) where the mapping is
defined in an xml file (if I am understand well).

But I already have the target object. The xml-tags should not be used
as
a property/member name, but should be mapped to an existing object. "

In generateDS the mapping is not just deined in any old sort of XML
file: it's defined in a W3C XML Schema file, which makes good sense
(except that in my case I dislike WXS).

Amara does not use a mapping specification: it maps automatically, and
it allows you to specify your own classes for the mapping. This is
discussed in the manual.

http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/amara/

--
Uche