Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How can I get an sha1 hash in base32?

How can I get an sha1 hash in base32?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=

I know how to make a hash(using mhash), but instead of encoded as hex I
want it in base32 for use with the bitzi catalog. python-bitzi is useful
but way too slow for just getting the hash of a file(am going to use it
elsewhere). Thanks.

Elmo

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

In <(E-Mail Removed)>, Elmo Mäntynen wrote:

> I know how to make a hash(using mhash), but instead of encoded as hex I
> want it in base32 for use with the bitzi catalog. python-bitzi is useful
> but way too slow for just getting the hash of a file(am going to use it
> elsewhere). Thanks.

Doesn't Bitzi calculate some kind of audio fingerprint? Just a hash of
the file would result in very different hash values for different codecs,
bitrates etc. for the "same" audio data.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

=?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:27:44 +0200, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:

> In <(E-Mail Removed)>, Elmo Mäntynen wrote:
>
>> I know how to make a hash(using mhash), but instead of encoded as hex I
>> want it in base32 for use with the bitzi catalog. python-bitzi is useful
>> but way too slow for just getting the hash of a file(am going to use it
>> elsewhere). Thanks.

> Doesn't Bitzi calculate some kind of audio fingerprint? Just a hash of
> the file would result in very different hash values for different codecs,
> bitrates etc. for the "same" audio data.
>
> Ciao,
> Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

I don't think it does, but musicbrainz is designed for just that, and
there's a ptyhon binding for using the libs.

Elmo