Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > clearing netflow stats command (LIMITED functionality)...

clearing netflow stats command (LIMITED functionality)...

wr

Netflow command clear syntax? The problem I have is once
enabled, the flow counters for SRC/DST IP keep counting up as
long as the flow is active:

SrcIf SrcIPaddress DstIf DstIPaddress Pkts
Hs1/0.500 X.Y.Z.113 Fa0/0 Z.Y.X.113 15K
Fa0/0 X.Y.Z.68 Hs1/0.500 Z.Y.X.43 64K

Notice that the 15K and 64K are the number of packets counted
so far for this flow. I am looking for a way to reset this to
0, for a relative comparison at some given point (30 seconds
for example) in the future.

This will give an undistorted view of current high flows,
without having historical packet counts cloud the picture.

NOTE: I know flow counters disappear after flow goes away so
you are getting fairly recent data. However, this is not good
enough. For example, I like the ability with "show
accounting" to start from some given time at zero, when I
issue a "clear ip accounting", as all packets counts go to
zero.

NOTE2: "clear ip flow stats", is not the answer, as this
command simply clears the statistics regarding the flow, as
shown in the top two sections of the verbose flow output. The
actual flow counter pairs are not cleared by this command.

TIA, will