Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco 2621: interface tracking without hsrp?

cisco 2621: interface tracking without hsrp?

Woife

hello,

i've a problem so i need a feature like interface tracking from hsrp but without hsrp.

i need the following:

i have 2 router (cisco 2621) and i've two interfaces on each router. interface 0/0 is the uplink to my provider. i've two subnet's in which each router is connected (/30 Subnetmask)

so i can't do hsrp on this two interfaces. both routers has different gateways.

so how can i tell the interfaces if one is going down, bring down the other. in the worst case i've up 0/0 on router2 and 0/1 on router 1.

like a simple script if ethx is down, shutdown ethy.

can you help me please?!

thanks,

woife

--

Wolfgang Kaufmann
-------------------------------

Customercenter:
Hauptstrasse 57, D-82327 Tutzing
Tel (0 81 5 90 423 - 0
Fax (0 81 5 90 423 - 99

M.C. van den Bovenkamp

Woife wrote:

> can you help me please?!

Run a routing protocol on them. As long as the interface to your
provider is up, they will send the packets they get directly to your
ISP, and when their connection drops, they will send to the other router.

Where 'routing protocol' could be as simple as floating static routes.

Regards,

Marco.

Hansang Bae

In article <41095b13$0$6347$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl> ,
> Run a routing protocol on them. As long as the interface to your
> provider is up, they will send the packets they get directly to your
> ISP, and when their connection drops, they will send to the other router.
>
> Where 'routing protocol' could be as simple as floating static routes.

I think his problem is the opposite. Woife wants to shut down one
interface if the 'sister' interface goes down.

Woife,
Is this what you're trying to accomplish?

--

hsb

Woife

hi *,

> > Run a routing protocol on them. As long as the interface to your
> > provider is up, they will send the packets they get directly to your
> > ISP, and when their connection drops, they will send to the other

router.

> > Where 'routing protocol' could be as simple as floating static routes.

> I think his problem is the opposite. Woife wants to shut down one
> interface if the 'sister' interface goes down.
>
> Woife,
> Is this what you're trying to accomplish?

thats correctly. that is exactly what i mean. the routing to my provider i
resolved with 2 static routes but with one 200-metric. but the problem is -
like you called it - the 'sister'-interface.

any ideas?! thanks a lot...

woife