Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 3620, rommon, and xmodeming an ios to it .. cannot find help for this anywhere.

3620, rommon, and xmodeming an ios to it .. cannot find help for this anywhere.

Volatileacid

someone please HELP me!
what do I do ? I can't find help for this ANYWHERE on the internet !

My router is a 3620.

I erased my flash to update it with a new version.

(I should have updated the flash before erasing it) so now i'm stuck with
the ROMMON prompt.

It doesent have a tftpdnld command, so I have to xmodem the .bin file to the
router

after it gets sent to it, I get the message:

erasing flash at (whatever the memory portion is) and it continues
incrementing as it does until it gets to

erasing flash at 0x30c00000

where it stops and I get the error message:

sector erase failed at 0x30c00000
status 0x2000
flash sector will not erase... aborting

I first assumed that the flash memory chips were faulty, and replaced both
today (2 x 8mb)...

but I still get the same error message ..

what am I to do

I can't believe there's nothing on the internet with regards to someone else
experiencing the same problem.

Hansang Bae

In article <410918d3$0$7126$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Volatileacid"
<Volatileacid in gmail fullstop com> says...
> someone please HELP me!
> what do I do ? I can't find help for this ANYWHERE on the internet !
>
> My router is a 3620.
>
> I erased my flash to update it with a new version.
>
> (I should have updated the flash before erasing it) so now i'm stuck with
> the ROMMON prompt.
>
> It doesent have a tftpdnld command, so I have to xmodem the .bin file to the
> router
>
> after it gets sent to it, I get the message:
>
> erasing flash at (whatever the memory portion is) and it continues
> incrementing as it does until it gets to
>
> erasing flash at 0x30c00000
>
> where it stops and I get the error message:
>
> sector erase failed at 0x30c00000
> status 0x2000
> flash sector will not erase... aborting
>
> I first assumed that the flash memory chips were faulty, and replaced both
> today (2 x 8mb)...
>
> but I still get the same error message ..
>
> what am I to do
>
> I can't believe there's nothing on the internet with regards to someone else
> experiencing the same problem.

try different terminal program.
Try d/l'ing a new image or compare the md5 hash.

--

hsb