Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > a new Python Podcast series (and the use of Python in creating podcasting tools)

a new Python Podcast series (and the use of Python in creating podcasting tools)

rdsteph@mac.com

Python411 is a series of podcasts about Python, aimed at hobbyists and
others who are learning Python. Each episode focuses on one aspect of
learning Python, or one kind of Python programming, and points to
online tools and tutorials. Python related news and events will also be
reported upon.

This podcast series will probably not be of much interest to expert or
professional programmers. I am a hobbyist and am not qualified nor
capable of creating a podcast series for accomplished programmers.
Maybe someone else will do that.

The four podcasts so far are titled as such:

Introduction to Python

Computer Programming for Everybody

GUI toolkits for Python

Python for Mobile Devices

New podcasts will appear from time to time.

Interestingly, while on the subject of podcasts, I would like to point
out that Python is emerging as the programming language of choice for
creating tools for creating podcasts and using podcasts. For instance,
iPodder is the leading podcast aggregator, or podcatcher, and is
written in Python. Also, a new program called Podcatcher on a Stick is
an open source Python project that is creating a podcatcher that runs
on a mobile mp3 player itself, rather than on a PC. Links to these
programs can be found on my web site.

The home page for Python411 is
http://www.awaretek.com/python/index.html and one can click on the
podcasts there to play them, or better you can subscribe to an rss feed
at http://www.awaretek.com/python/index.xml

Lucas Raab

> Python411 is a series of podcasts about Python, aimed at hobbyists and
> others who are learning Python. Each episode focuses on one aspect of
> learning Python, or one kind of Python programming, and points to
> online tools and tutorials. Python related news and events will also be
> reported upon.
>
> This podcast series will probably not be of much interest to expert or
> professional programmers. I am a hobbyist and am not qualified nor
> capable of creating a podcast series for accomplished programmers.
> Maybe someone else will do that.
>
> The four podcasts so far are titled as such:
>
> Introduction to Python
>
> Computer Programming for Everybody
>
> GUI toolkits for Python
>
> Python for Mobile Devices
>
> New podcasts will appear from time to time.
>
> Interestingly, while on the subject of podcasts, I would like to point
> out that Python is emerging as the programming language of choice for
> creating tools for creating podcasts and using podcasts. For instance,
> iPodder is the leading podcast aggregator, or podcatcher, and is
> written in Python. Also, a new program called Podcatcher on a Stick is
> an open source Python project that is creating a podcatcher that runs
> on a mobile mp3 player itself, rather than on a PC. Links to these
> programs can be found on my web site.
>
> The home page for Python411 is
> http://www.awaretek.com/python/index.html and one can click on the
> podcasts there to play them, or better you can subscribe to an rss feed
> at http://www.awaretek.com/python/index.xml

Nice idea!! It would be great to get some of the advanced Python guys in
on this from time to time.

--
Lucas Raab

rdsteph@mac.com

I'd love to get some guest "lectures" from advanced folks, and
interviews with prominent Pythonista people etc.

Ron