Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX VPN Problem

PIX VPN Problem

Peter

Hello,

I've recently set up a PIX 515E, in our head office, to allow a VPN
tunnel between here and some branch sites.

The tunnel is working perfectly and the remote offices can communicate
with head office no problem. However, hosts in one remote office are
unable to communicate with hosts in the other remote office.

There is a 501E at each branch office. The VPN is configured manually
(not using EasyVPN).

Whilst pinging from one remote site to the other I executed the
command 'debug icmp trace' on the all three PIXies. The central PIX
recieves the echo requests but does not seem to forward them.

Is this behaviour by design?

Do you have to somehow explicitly state that traffic may flow between
remote VPN connections?

Are there any other relevant show/debug commands I should issue to
find out why the packets are being dropped?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Peter

Waskana

It is not possible to communicate between the branch sites.
In this case you should build a vpn tunnel between the branch offices, this
will work.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...