Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cannot access local resources behind pix 506e

Cannot access local resources behind pix 506e

Jamie M

I have a pix 506e in place that does internal nat. Behind the pix
there is a web and ftp server and my computer. People from outside
can access the servers fine on the specified ports. However I cannot
access the servers using the outside ip address. If I am outside of
the network I can browse to www.mydomain.com but when I am behind the
pix it will not see the www.mydomain.com. I know I can setup my DNS
to point www.mydomain.com to the internal ip of the web server but I
do not want to create dns entries for every website on my server. Is
there a way to get around this issue. I was told that the cisco does
not allow a request from the inside to o out and come back in.

˛TTˇ

Use alias command

alias 10.1.1.1 209.165.xxx.yyy 255.255.255.255

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...