Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > I am a Java Programmer

I am a Java Programmer

mjmrifai@gmail.com

I am a java programmer and I want to learn Python Please help me.

George Sakkis

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> I am a java programmer and I want to learn Python Please help me.

Google Is Your Friend:

http://www.razorvine.net/python/Pyth...avaProgrammers
http://www.ferg.org/projects/python_...e-by-side.html

George

Dennis Lee Bieber

On 30 Jun 2005 23:22:43 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) declaimed the
following in comp.lang.python:

> I am a java programmer and I want to learn Python Please help me.

Python may be all powerful, but it doesn't lend itself to
reading minds... "Please help me" is indefinite -- help you do what?
Write a program to compute the question whose answer is 42?

Download Python, install, read the supplied documentation. Then
ask a question concerning a specific problem.

> (E-Mail Removed) | Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG <

Thomas Bartkus

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I am a java programmer and I want to learn Python Please help me.

Well! Your condition is certainly tragic!

But what can anyone do?
Thomas Bartkus

Irmen de Jong

George Sakkis wrote:
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
>

>>I am a java programmer and I want to learn Python Please help me.

> Google Is Your Friend:
>
> http://www.razorvine.net/python/Pyth...avaProgrammers
> http://www.ferg.org/projects/python_...e-by-side.html
>
> George

The first link is down at the moment because I'm switching computers
Sorry about that. I expect it to be available again in a week or so.

--Irmen

bruno modulix

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am a java programmer

Too bad

> and I want to learn Python

So there's still hope !-)

> Please help me.

1/ download and install Python
2/ go thru the 'dive into Python' and 'Thinking in Python' free books
3/ post here when you're in doubt or in trouble...

And don't forget: Python is *not* Java !-)

--
bruno desthuilliers
p in '(E-Mail Removed)'.split('@')])"

Luis M. Gonzalez

I'm sorry for you, nobody deserves to program in Java ...
I'm glad you decided to stand up for your human rights. Go learn
python!

Philippe C. Martin

I see you got many good/funny answers already.

Test Python for two WE and you'll be able to help yourself very well ...
I've been through an equivalent process.

Regards,

Philippe

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I am a java programmer and I want to learn Python Please help me.

godwin

Buy the book "Practical Python" by Magnus Lie Hetland. It contains 10
practical projects to let u get started on you own "Pythoneering"( as
Magnus calls it). Move on buddy.