Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > G.SHDSL Back-to-Back with 3700 and 2600

G.SHDSL Back-to-Back with 3700 and 2600

Rich

Hi

I'm want to configure 3700 and 2600, both with G.SHDSL wics installed,
to run a link over an EPS 9 circuit is this possible and what
configuration do I need on each of the routers.

Thanks

Rich

Thomas Braun

Hi Rich,

> I'm want to configure 3700 and 2600, both with G.SHDSL wics installed,
> to run a link over an EPS 9 circuit is this possible and what
> configuration do I need on each of the routers.

look here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk17...80135834.shtml

cu thomas

> Thanks
>
> Rich

Rich

Hi Thomas,

Have tried that smaple config before but it does not work the line
does no even come up. The other problem is I no nothing about ATM why
is there a PVC 0/35 then PVC 8/35 also do you have to have a dialer
interface can't the ATM interface's just communicate without this

Thanks

Rich

Rich

The sample config does not seem to work do I need special cables or
are straight through RJ11 OK

Rich

Matthew Melbourne

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The sample config does not seem to work do I need special cables or
> are straight through RJ11 OK

Straight-through RJ11s should be fine.

I have a back-to-back 828 G.SHDSL configuration working based on the
sample config; though I think I removed the aal5snap encapsulated pvc (pvc
0/35). I did notice that the link can take up to several minutes to
establish (don't know if this is a 'feature' or not).

Cheers,

Matt

--
Matthew Melbourne

AnyBody43

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Rich) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> The sample config does not seem to work do I need special cables or
> are straight through RJ11 OK
>
> Rich

You will need acrossover cable.

I did find the pinouts for these ports the other day but can't
find them now.

Doug McIntyre

(E-Mail Removed) (AnyBody43) writes:
>(E-Mail Removed) (Rich) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
>> The sample config does not seem to work do I need special cables or
>> are straight through RJ11 OK
>>

>You will need acrossover cable.

>I did find the pinouts for these ports the other day but can't
>find them now.

Huh? How can you cross over a single pair of wire?
--
Doug McIntyre (E-Mail Removed)
Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades

AnyBody43

Doug McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<4127a33b$0$65609$(E-Mail Removed) m>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (AnyBody43) writes:
> >(E-Mail Removed) (Rich) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> >> The sample config does not seem to work do I need special cables or
> >> are straight through RJ11 OK
> >>

> >You will need acrossover cable.

> >I did find the pinouts for these ports the other day but can't
> >find them now.

> Huh? How can you cross over a single pair of wire?

OK. I don't understand this much at all. (Still maybe I'll
learn something.)

How not?
If I cross the single pair of wires connected to
my car battery the car will not work and may in fact be
permanently damaged.

If I cross the single pair of wires on the connection to my
co-ax ethernet cable I suspect that my station would not work.
(I do know a little about this - baseband - signalling)

On the other hand if I cross the single pair or wires
connecting my bedside lamp to the mains it will still work.

If I cross the single pair of wires to my 1950 telephone
I suspect that it will still work. I guess that a modern
phone is the same and I suppose that a DSL line should not
be sensitive either.

Pinout for Cisco DSL ports:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...ccess/acs_mod/
cis2600/hw_inst/wic_inst/wic_doc/wandsl.htm

As you can see the pins are differentiated by name (Tip - Ring)
if the polarity did not ever matter would anyone bother?

** Anyway, are you saying that a crossover cable is not needed
in this case? **

Thanks.

Rich

So what does the following mean taken from this link

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/m...5.html#1040657

The twisted-pair straight-through cable, for customer premises
equipment (CPE) applications, is supplied. The Y-cable, for central
office (CO) and 4-wire patch panel applications, is not supplied.