Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > pyqt, windows xp and systray applications.. possible?

pyqt, windows xp and systray applications.. possible?

bastian.salmela@gmail.com

hi,

I've been searching long, and found some information, but still not
enough for me to actually make it happen. so, I ask here.

is it possible, in windows, to make PyQT application hide itself into
systray area?

I read,that you might have to use winEventFilter(), and do some magic
with WM_ messages. well, I don't know enough windows API.. so if anyone
here have done this, could you please help me out and show a little
example how it's done..

thanks in advance.

..b

Lee Harr

On 2005-06-28, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've been searching long, and found some information, but still not
> enough for me to actually make it happen. so, I ask here.
>
> is it possible, in windows, to make PyQT application hide itself into
> systray area?
>
> I read,that you might have to use winEventFilter(), and do some magic
> with WM_ messages. well, I don't know enough windows API.. so if anyone
> here have done this, could you please help me out and show a little
> example how it's done..

I recommend joining the pyqt mailing list:

windows messenger systray icon? sam Computer Support 5 09-03-2006 02:25 AM
Multiple Bluetooth Network Indicators in Systray =?Utf-8?B?U2hhbmUgTmlldWtpcms=?= Wireless Networking 0 01-07-2006 04:57 AM
systray and explorer McWideGlide Computer Support 3 06-17-2005 10:57 PM
Systray Icon? Danny Rohr Firefox 0 11-27-2003 09:40 PM
Java Programm into Systray AlexPain Java 5 08-05-2003 08:16 AM

Advertisments