Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > a comprehensive Tkinter document?

a comprehensive Tkinter document?

William Gill

I know a major problem I am having is that I am finding lots of Tkinter
information in 'fragments' of various , sometimes conflicting vintages.
For example the python reference I was using didn't show the '%%' as
an escape sequence, I posted asking how to escape the '%' and after
several helpful responses voila I found a more complete table of escape
sequences. Is there a comprehensive document or book that I can get
that is relatively current? I realize that updates and changes are
dynamic, but I'm realizing that I am trying to use documents that look
similar, only to find that one is several years old, or that another
applies to an offshoot of Tkinter. I'm not even sure Tkinter is the
'preferred' gui anymore. Any suggestions?

Bill

Kent Johnson

William Gill wrote:
> I know a major problem I am having is that I am finding lots of Tkinter
> information in 'fragments' of various , sometimes conflicting vintages.
> For example the python reference I was using didn't show the '%%' as an
> escape sequence, I posted asking how to escape the '%' and after several
> helpful responses voila I found a more complete table of escape
> sequences. Is there a comprehensive document or book that I can get
> that is relatively current?

Maybe not comprehensive but I think reasonably current:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tk...tion/index.htm
http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/

Kent

William Gill

Kent Johnson wrote:
> William Gill wrote:
>
>> I know a major problem I am having is that I am finding lots of
>> Tkinter information in 'fragments' of various , sometimes conflicting
>> vintages. For example the python reference I was using didn't show
>> the '%%' as an escape sequence, I posted asking how to escape the '%'
>> and after several helpful responses voila I found a more complete
>> table of escape sequences. Is there a comprehensive document or book
>> that I can get that is relatively current?

> Maybe not comprehensive but I think reasonably current:
> http://www.pythonware.com/library/tk...tion/index.htm
> http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/
>
> Kent

Yes, these are two of my staples, though I have occasionally slipped
into 'copies' elsewhere that aren't kept up.

Thanks,

Bill