Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ZEO client hangs when combined with other asyncore code

ZEO client hangs when combined with other asyncore code

Paul Boots

Dear people,

We have an application that makes use of a ZEO client and has other async socket code that implements
as POP3 proxy. The ZEO client is called (to query and store ZEO server) from within the proxy code when it runs during mail checks, so we have multiple async connections at the same time.

Somehow, a call to the ZEO client never returns, it just hangs and sits there.

In an attempt to fix this problem we added code to use a different socket map for the proxy objects,
the ZEO client uses the default asyncore socket_map. But that did NOT solve our problem.

At this point we are clueless to the reason behind this behaviour and hope that anyone on this
list has some ideas or similar experiences.

I realize this is a very terse description of our application, when necessary I can elaborate.

--
Best regards,
Paul Boots

ZEO client hangs when combined with other asyncore code Paul Boots Python 0 06-21-2005 10:00 AM
ThreadingTCPServer, asyncore and Client-to-Client communication Dustin Python 2 08-09-2004 02:31 PM
Clear hangs up - & hangs up - & hangs up Sue Bilstein NZ Computing 26 03-07-2004 01:33 AM
More ZEO/ZODB issues drs Python 0 07-12-2003 12:41 AM
ZEO and COM drs Python 0 07-11-2003 08:41 PM

Advertisments