Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > after transfer of data from MS-outlook(mail ids) to application,mail ids are consisting of strange characters

after transfer of data from MS-outlook(mail ids) to application,mail ids are consisting of strange characters

vamsikrishna_b@coolgoose.com

Hello all,the following problem i encountered while transferring
data(mail ids) from MS-outlook to one application.Some mail ids after
came into the application looked as strange characters.Eg are [@ [.
[,@ . etc.I thought these are the Ascii characters but
i'm not quite sure about this.And also each mail id following a certain
format as you can observe from the above mail ids.Only one string is
repeating in all the 3 parts of the mail id.Is there any procedure to
convert these characters to the plain letters.I hope somebody will help
me in this regard to unfold this mystery.Bye.

Best Regards,
Vamsi

Konstantin Veretennicov

On 20 Jun 2005 22:24:09 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello all,

> I hope somebody will help
> me in this regard to unfold this mystery.Bye.

I hope you will explain how this is related to Python.

- kv

Beat Bolli

This looks like UTF-8 encoding

Beat

--
mail: echo '<(E-Mail Removed)>' | tr -d '[A-S]'
pgp: 0x506A903A; 49D5 794A EA77 F907 764F D89E 304B 93CF 506A 903A

"It takes love over gold, and mind over matter" -- Dire Straits