Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Europython update

Europython update

Jacob Hallen

The Europython schedule was publised on the Europython website
(http://www.europython.org) today. With five parallel sessions for
half of the conference and four for the rest, we think we have the
largest selection of Python and Zope talks ever.

"Actually, we are more proud of the quality of the talk toipcs than of
the quantity", says Paul Everitt, chairman of the Zope and Zope
related track.

"I'm very excited about the Tutorials track", says Harald Armin Massa.
"We have the perfect setup for introducing new people to the world of
Python. I can't wait to get started."

"We hope that many more people will register, now that the schedule is
set", comments Jacob Hallén, the conference head organiser. "We have
had an unusual procedure, where the early registrants have told us their
interests in the different talks. This has provided us with excellent
data for scheduling. If people stick to what they have told us, there
will be no overcrowding of rooms and fewer clashes beween interesting
talks than usual. However, it has made the final scheduling fairly late,
so people who have waited need to register in the next few days."

"We still have a few double rooms at the conference accomodations" adds
Laura Creighton. "The 4-bed rooms are all sold out."

Apart from the Zope and Tutorials/Neopythe track, there are tracks for
Education, Science, Refereed Papers, Business, Python Language, Python
Frameworks, Social Skills/General Topics and a special Misfits track
for stuff that would otherwise fall between the cracks. There is also
OpenSpace, Lightning talks and Zope lightning talks.

On top of this, we have 2 exciting Keynotes, featuring Guido van Rossum
and Steve Pemberton, a pub, a conference dinner and lots of other
excitement.

Last day for preregistration is 20 June, if you are paying by credit card
and 17 June if you are paying by SWIFT/IBAN. After that, your only option
is on-site registration. The last day for ordering a conference T-shirt
is 15 June.

Europython update Jacob Hallen Python 0 05-05-2005 09:03 AM
EuroPython news update april 27 Martijn Faassen Python 0 04-27-2004 06:30 PM
EuroPython update april 23 Martijn Faassen Python 0 04-23-2004 03:34 PM
Europython update Jacob Hallen Python 0 04-14-2004 03:22 PM
Europython update: Registration open Jacob Hallen Python 0 04-10-2004 12:21 AM

Advertisments