Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Multithreaded Python FSM (Harel State Machines)

Multithreaded Python FSM (Harel State Machines)

Leonard J. Reder

Hello list,

I have been searching on the web for a while now for a specific Python
implementation of an FSM. More specifically what I am looking
for is a Python implementation of the so called UML Harel State Machine
notion of a state machine. These are multi-threaded capable state
machines with hierarchical representation capability (nested
instances of state machines). They also have a unique conditional
trigger symbol scheme for event representation and state machine
transitions.

I have seen some great implementations of simple FSMs and some
interesting descriptions of how generator/yeild python keywords can be
used. I think python has all the pieces to make a Heral implementation.

Does anyone know of a Python implementation of FSM that comes close to
this functionality? Any comments or recommendation for FSM packages
that I could add this functionality to would also be welcome. I
certainly think someone has done something that approaches this already.

All replies are very much appreciated. If I get enough response I will
post a summary of findings to this group.

Thanks for reading this and please reply.

Regards,
Len

--
__________________________________________________ __
Leonard J. Reder

Leonard J. Reder

Hello, I am sending this out again in hopes that someone will
have some meaningful comments on FSM (finite state machine)
modules avaliable for Python. Hope to get a reply or two
this time. Thanks.

Leonard J. Reder wrote:

I have been searching on the web for a specific Python
implementation of a FSM. More specifically looking
for a Harel State Machine implementation.

The Harel State Machine allows multi-threaded capable state
machines with hierarchical representation capability (nested
instances of state machines). They also have a unique conditional
trigger symbol scheme for event representation and state machine
transitions. Usually the multiple threads communicate over some
sort of queue.

I have seen some implementations of simple FSMs and some
interesting descriptions of how the generator/yeild Python keywords can be
used. I think Python has all the pieces to make a Heral implementation.

Does anyone know of a Python implementation of FSM that comes close to
this functionality? Any comments or recommendation for FSM packages
that I could add this functionality to would be welcome. I
certainly think someone has done this approach already.

All replies are very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading this and please reply.

Regards,
Len

--
__________________________________________________ __
Leonard J. Reder
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Interferometry Systems and Technology Section 383
Email: (E-Mail Removed)
Phone (Voice): 818-354-3639
Phone (FAX): 818-354-4357
Mail Address:
Mail Stop: 171-113
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA. 91109

fraca7

Leonard J. Reder a écrit :

> [snip]

http://smc.sourceforge.net/

It's probably not what you're looking for, but it's the closest I can
think of.

Leonard J. Reder

WOW! Thanks, this looks remarkabley close to what I was talking about.

fsm state encodings Caterpillar VHDL 1 02-10-2006 05:42 PM
FSM with more than 1 input at each state swiss student VHDL 2 05-26-2005 10:49 AM
Which FSM State? Jake VHDL 0 10-25-2004 09:52 PM
FSM in illegal state Jerker Hammarberg \(DST\) VHDL 48 07-21-2004 06:05 PM
FSM (Finite State Machine) Generator - Open Source Roberto Nunnari Java 2 02-04-2004 07:16 AM

Advertisments