Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > cx_freeze error : LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding

cx_freeze error : LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding

Thomas W

I get this error when I try to run a freezed exe on my ubuntu 5.04
running Python 2.4 :

LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding

I've tried to use --include-modules encodings,codecs when freezing
without luck.

Any hints?

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas W

Ok, I'll post my findings here since there are allready several
questions about this topic on the net allready :

The solution was to do an explicit import in my module, like so :

from encodings import ascii
from encodings import idna

This solved the problem, at least in my case.

Regards,
Thomas