Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Incoming voice calls not possible according to my ISP

Incoming voice calls not possible according to my ISP

Scanner2001

My ISP is now telling me that it is not possible to receive incoming
voice phone calls on the isdn line when both lines are connected as data
connections. I have a cisco 804 router with 2 pots ports on it. My phones
work fine most of the time. I believe I have it configured correctly, so
that when a phone call comes in on one of the channels, it will drop that
data link, then ring the phone for a voice call.
Is this bs from my ISP, or is it not possible to receive incoming voice
calls?

Thanks,
Jeff

p.s. sorry for the cross posting, I thought this might be more appropriate
in this group instead

Kevin

The ISDN line is controlled by your local telco (Verizon ect). If they
no will bump the second data connection then tough. You might be able
to have them reconfigure it to give you the expected behavior, but maybe
not. If your ISP and telco are the same company than I would take their
word for it.

Scanner2001 wrote:
> My ISP is now telling me that it is not possible to receive incoming
> voice phone calls on the isdn line when both lines are connected as data
> connections. I have a cisco 804 router with 2 pots ports on it. My phones
> work fine most of the time. I believe I have it configured correctly, so
> that when a phone call comes in on one of the channels, it will drop that
> data link, then ring the phone for a voice call.
> Is this bs from my ISP, or is it not possible to receive incoming voice
> calls?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> p.s. sorry for the cross posting, I thought this might be more appropriate
> in this group instead

Talk is cheap. Supply exceeds demand.