Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: SFTP

Re: SFTP

Martin Franklin

Kornfeld Rick (sys1rak) wrote:
> Good Morning
>
> I have scoured the internet looking for an Python SFTP API. So far, I
> have been unable to find a suitable answer. Our needs are pretty basic.
> FTP & TELNET are being removed from our environment and I need to
> utilize SFTP for file transfers.
>
> As is probably said often, I am new to Python (love it) and need a
> solution that provides adequate examples and documentation. I am hoping
> for an open source answer, however, I am not ruling out having to
> purchase something.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this for me ?

Strange the second hit on a google for python sftp was this:-

http://www.lag.net/paramiko/

I also implemented (using pexpect) a very basic 'interface' to command
line sftp)

http://pexpect.sourceforge.net/

pexpect is *nix only (as far as I know)

both of these come with simple to follow examples...

Martin.