Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > [pysqlite] Equivalent for SHOW TABLES?

[pysqlite] Equivalent for SHOW TABLES?

F. GEIGER

For now, the names of the tables, the app knows of, are added into an
internal list, when the app is started. Then, when queries fail, the app
knoes that it has to create them.

It would be nice somehow to be able to ask the database what tables it
contains. Is anyone doing this that way? How do you do that?

Kind regards
Franz GEIGER

madsurfer2000@hotmail.com

F. GEIGER wrote:

> It would be nice somehow to be able to ask the database what tables it
> contains. Is anyone doing this that way? How do you do that?

Information can be found in "Information_Schema_TABLES"

See:
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=InformationSchema

Peter Hansen

F. GEIGER wrote:
> For now, the names of the tables, the app knows of, are added into an
> internal list, when the app is started. Then, when queries fail, the app
> knoes that it has to create them.
>
> It would be nice somehow to be able to ask the database what tables it
> contains. Is anyone doing this that way? How do you do that?

The query "select name from sqlite_master where type='table';" should do
something like that. (I found that info in the FAQ as answer #9.)

-Peter

show all files in the directory, but how to show directory control?? strutsng@gmail.com HTML 1 09-30-2005 07:32 AM
TO show or NOT to show Matt ASP .Net 1 05-02-2005 09:07 PM
Equivalent to ".Show" in VS.NET webForm Mike ASP .Net 2 11-10-2004 10:49 PM
to show image or to show flash Disco Octopus HTML 7 05-14-2004 06:27 AM
Command "show run" does not show all interfaces Peter Jonas Cisco 3 01-05-2004 12:13 AM

Advertisments