Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > what is addMethod ?

what is addMethod ?

qwejohn@hotmail.com

Hello,

I saw some python open source project with many
self.addMethod() functions (with 3 paramters)

What does self.addMethod() is good for ?

I had looked at documnetation (downloaded and grepped
all the pdf doc files) and could not find a thing about
it ; nore did googling helped.

Regards,
John

F. Petitjean

Le 23 May 2005 02:40:57 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I saw some python open source project with many
> self.addMethod() functions (with 3 paramters)

Which "open source project" ? Which class in which module ?

> What does self.addMethod() is good for ?

Find where this method is defined : (with fgrep or findstr according to
your operating system) and then
import NameOfModule
help(NameOfModule)

Leif K-Brooks

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I saw some python open source project with many
> self.addMethod() functions (with 3 paramters)
>
> What does self.addMethod() is good for ?

It's not a standard method, so it's good for whatever the particular
class you were looking at was using it for. We might be able to tell you
more if you mentioned the specific script you saw it used in.

qwejohn@hotmail.com

Thnks,
I wrongly took it for a standard method;
I found where it is defined (it's part of the project); Tnnks.

John

Bruno Desthuilliers

(E-Mail Removed) a écrit :
> Thnks,
> I wrongly took it for a standard method;
> I found where it is defined (it's part of the project);

Then it would be nice to fully answer your question, so everyone may
know what's this method and what it does (and what project it comes from).