Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > route redistribution RIP and EIGRP

route redistribution RIP and EIGRP

slipstream_242

Hi all,

Just playing with route redistribution for the first time and trying to
redistribute rip to eigrp and visa versa, on the router with the route
redistribution, is sends the rip update but advertises the route as a metric
of 16 (unreachable) however, the metric should only be 1 or 2 at the most.
(that route is on an Ethernet port connected to a switch)

I have redistributed rip to eigrp and eigrp to rip but I don't seem to
get much luck when pinging one network to the other. I can ping the serial
interface of the network in subnet 4 but subnet 8 (connected to the Ethernet
port) doesn't work. I bet its something simple but I`m not sure at this
point what I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

Gordon

PES

You need to specify your metric on your redistribute statement because eigrp
metrics are too high for a rip routing process. Fore an example assuming
you would redistribute eigrp process 1 and assign a metric as 2 use this
command:

redistribute eigrp 1 metric 2"slipstream_242" <(E-Mail Removed)>