Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 1760 with 4 T1 for "internet"

1760 with 4 T1 for "internet"

Joey

Quick question for someone with good knowledge of the 1760 router.

I understand u can put a max of two 2-port VWIC's in the WIC slots...
I understand that u can take all the channels on the each port and
group them into 1 (well, two total), so that's two serial0/0:0 type
interfaces per WIC. Clocking issues aside (these would all be to the
same telco CO), is it possible to squeeze essentially 4 "regular" data
T1's out of this router? I'm sure it'd be at about the max for
throughput esp if you add ACL's and such, but as far as the T1
interfaces go... will they act just like the plain vanilla
WIC-1DSU-T1's?

Thanks,
Joey

Joey

After a little research I think I've answered myself... The 1760 would
likely be maxed out at 6Mbps over the 4 interfaces with an ACL, so a
2600 might be more appropriate--no problem as the client wanted cheap
but not Absolute-Cheap. And the 4 T1's on the VWIC cards shouldn't be
a problem save the clocking issues I keep reading about. They're
going to start with 2 T1s, so if they want more, then can then venture
into dual T1 card territory. Until they, the client said "find some
WICs on ebay". lol

Comments still welcome...

QDM for 1760? Sinisa Cisco 0 04-06-2004 10:11 AM
Cisco 1760 and fastethernet speed Mirek Cisco 3 02-23-2004 08:43 AM
Routers 831 and 1760 >> set up max. bandwidth Mirek Cisco 0 01-27-2004 08:31 PM
cisco 1760 rate limiting Jeroen Cisco 0 01-07-2004 07:07 PM
rate-limiting cisco 1760 sdsl-wic Jeroen Cisco 0 01-05-2004 11:46 AM

Advertisments