Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > how HSRP redundancy can be applied to crypto IPSec profile ?

how HSRP redundancy can be applied to crypto IPSec profile ?

He Ming

Hi all, I am setting up a VPN tunnel between hub and spoke routers.
In the hub, I use an active router and a standby router to achieve
redundancy. From cisco website, HSRP + RRI has been provided in this
scenario, where HSRP is configured on WAN interface. the configuation is
as follows:

*******
crypto map mymap 1 ipsec-isakmp
set peer 10.1.1.1
reverse-route
set transform-set esp-3des-sha
match address 102

Interface FastEthernet 0/0
ip address 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.0
standby name group1
standby ip 192.168.0.3
crypto map mymap redundancy group1
***********

but my problem here is, I am using crypto IPsec profile instead of static
map on the hub.consequently there is no map name, so i can 't use the
command
"crypto map mymap redundancy group1" on wan interface.
my configuration for the crypto ipsec profile is like that:

*********
crypto isakmp policy 1
authentication pre-share
crypto isakmp key dmvpnkey address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
!
!
crypto ipsec transform-set dmvpnset ah-md5-hmac esp-des
mode transport
!
crypto ipsec profile dmvpnprof
set transform-set dmvpnset

Because of the requirement, I cant replace the dynamic profile with static
map in hub.
SO i am now looking for a way to implement HSRP resundancy for IPsec
profile. Can anyone
give any solution or some hints? Millions of Thanks!

Rgds
He Ming