Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: logging problems

Re: logging problems

Vinay Sajip

Simon Dahlbacka <simon.dahlbacka <at> gmail.com> writes:

This is a known problem, and a patch was put into CVS. I would suggest that you
either check out the version from CVS, or move the "import traceback" to the top
of the module.

The problem is caused by a threading deadlock which occurs when an importer
tries to log a message.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip

simon.dahlbacka@gmail.com

I tried moving the import traceback to the start of the file
(logging/__init__.py) but that did not seem to have any effect?
I suppose the fix was in version 1.26 in cvs?

Vinay Sajip

simon.dahlbacka <at> gmail.com <simon.dahlbacka <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I tried moving the import traceback to the start of the file
> (logging/__init__.py) but that did not seem to have any effect?
> I suppose the fix was in version 1.26 in cvs?

Did you do this for all cases in __init__.py? You may also need to do it in
config.py if you are using it.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip

simon.dahlbacka@gmail.com

I thought I did, but when I checked today it seems I've screwed up and
edited logging/__init__.py in 2.4 and tested with 2.3

So after fixing it in the correct place, it works nicely..