Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 6500 Multicast setup

6500 Multicast setup

tony

I have two 6500 switches in HSRP config. I have 12 closests with
3750's.

I have 2 vlans for each closet. One vlan for users and one for
printers.

I want to setup multicasting for a couple of the subnets so that I can
utilize zenworks to image machines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use what I thought was a
sound setup and indeed it worked for 24 hours but then both 6500's
went nuts and I had to reboot and remove the what I did. I don't know
that the multicast caused the problem so I want to see if anyone can
give me a config that will work.

thanks
tony