Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Client & Loggin into Secure User Database

Python Client & Loggin into Secure User Database

flamesrock

First, my problem doesn't make much practical sense so I hope you're up
for a challenge.

What I have (in concept) is a standalone web client that connects
different 'players' to a central host and distributes game files
between them. A user claims certain files, plays them, and then
automatically uploads them to the site where they are subsequently
distributed.

What I want to do is have a secure system that lets users log in upon
connecting so that the client has ftp privileges to upload. I'd like to
avoid xmlrpc and anything that would require the server to do more than
a simple php + sql script, preferably less. Basically, as simple as
possible without scripting the server in python too.

Whats the best way to accomplish this for a python client?
(registration will be browser based btw..)

-thanks in advance