Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Import DiscID on Windows

Import DiscID on Windows

Jeffrey Barish

Has anyone gotten DiscID (and CDDB) to work on Windows? I installed
python2.4 and CDDB-1.4 on Win98SE. When I import DiscID I get

DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run this application
cannot be found.

Python is complaining about mci.dll. It is surely finding it because it
is in the search path, so I presume that there is something wrong with
the dll. Any suggestions? Can Python import a file with a dll
extension?
--
Jeffrey Barish

Do Re Mi chel La Si Do