Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > web based file manager in python

web based file manager in python

Ksenia Marasanova

Hi,

I didn't suceed in finding any kind of standard web based file
manager, written in Python. There are quite a lot for PHP (the nicest
I found is phpXplorer: http://www.phpxplorer.org) , but I'd rather use
Python. I don't mind installing one of the millions webframeworks for
this (well, except for Zope)
I know, it's not hard to write your own... I am just trying not
re-inventing the wheel this time
Any hints?

Thanks!
--
Ksenia

Kartic

"The Great 'Ksenia Marasanova' uttered these words" on 4/25/2005 1:04 PM:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't suceed in finding any kind of standard web based file
> manager, written in Python. There are quite a lot for PHP (the nicest

> Any hints?
>
> Thanks!

Ksenia - I recently came across this python web-based FM:

http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/filemgr/index.html

It is by Irmen De Jong, the author of Snakelets.

Thanks,
-Kartic

Ksenia Marasanova

> Ksenia - I recently came across this python web-based FM:
>
> http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/filemgr/index.html
>
> It is by Irmen De Jong, the author of Snakelets.

Looks good! Thank you very much

--
Ksenia