Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > freeze and expat

freeze and expat

Operation Latte Thunder

I am playing around with jabberpy, and on a lark decided to try to freeze
one of the included samples, test_client.py

The freeze/build worked fine, but when I attempted to run the resulting
binary, I got an error hinting that it couldn't find parsers.expat:

canal:/home/chris/build% ./test_client
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/chris/build/../test_client.py", line 15, in ?
import jabber
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/jabber.py", line 67, in ?
import xmlstream
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xmlstream.py", line 36, in ?
import xml.parsers.expat
ImportError: No module named parsers.expat

I have tried this with python2.3.5 and 2.4.1, and played around with the -m
option on the freeze cmd line, but no joy. Google seems to delight in
frustating me...

In a much simpler case than the test_client.py, the following also fails:

import xml.parsers.expat
print "Hello world"

Though it runs from the interpreter... ideas?

--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) | Roma Invicta!