Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX to Linksys VPN

PIX to Linksys VPN

Brian Bergin

Is it possible to create a VPN connection starting at a PIX 501 running
6.3.3(132) and ending on a Linksys BEFSX41? The encryption on the Linksys is
3DES and Auth is SHA. Key mgt is Auto IKE with PFS enabled. There is a
preshared key. The Linksys end has a static IP, the PIX end is PPPoE. Also, if
this is done is there any way to have the connection only made when asked, say
if someone logs into PDM and enables it? Thanks...

Thanks...
Brian Bergin

I can be reached via e-mail at
cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Brian Bergin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Is it possible to create a VPN connection starting at a PIX 501 running
:6.3.3(132) and ending on a Linksys BEFSX41?

It should be possible. Please see

http://www.linksys.com/support/top10...%20routers.asp

and in particular the 'Remote Security Gateway' section.

:Key mgt is Auto IKE with PFS enabled.

Turning off PFS might help. I don't recall the details at all, but
I remember seeing that under some circumstances, you don't want PFS with
the PIX. [My vague recollection is that it had to do with AES, but I
am not at all certain about that.]