Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > http status response

http status response

Richard Eibrand

Hi guys,

How do I go about getting the http response status as with the httplib
method <connection_handle>.getresponse() using urllib2?

Thing is I need to authenticate with a server, which I can do with urllib2
(by passing credentials), but I also need to get the status response codes
and not only when raised as an exception.

Any ideas? I've gone google blind at this stage - as I'm not able to find
anything useful.

tia,

Richard Eibrand
Phone: +353 1 492 7444