Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python / Win32 extensions compatibility with Windows XP

Python / Win32 extensions compatibility with Windows XP

Matthew

Hi:

I recently installed Python 2.4 and the Win 32 extensions on
Windows XP. I had some problems with the COM makepy utility for the
Excel COM libraries. I reported this problem to the sourceforge bug
tracker.

My question is , is python 2.3 and the win32 extensions more stable
than Python 2.4?

Thank You

Matthew Harelick

Jim Sizelove

Matthew wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I recently installed Python 2.4 and the Win 32 extensions on
> Windows XP. I had some problems with the COM makepy utility for the
> Excel COM libraries. I reported this problem to the sourceforge bug
> tracker.
>
> My question is , is python 2.3 and the win32 extensions more stable
> than Python 2.4?
>
> Thank You
>
> Matthew Harelick

There were some memory issues that caused makepy on Python 2.4 to crash
for some large type libraries (including Excel). This problem has been
fixed in build 204 of pywin32, released just today.

Regards,

Jim