Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How to minimize the window

How to minimize the window

Austin

I wrote a GUI program with wxPython.
In the window, there are 3 attributes on left top.
"_" could let the program to minimize to tool bar.
I want to let the program minimized to the system tray.
Is there any way to let the window have 4 attributes?
"." "_" "O " "x"

Steve Holden

Austin wrote:
> I wrote a GUI program with wxPython.
> In the window, there are 3 attributes on left top.
> "_" could let the program to minimize to tool bar.
> I want to let the program minimized to the system tray.
> Is there any way to let the window have 4 attributes?
> "." "_" "O " "x"

These features of window behavior are normally handled by the Windows or
X Window window manager code. Though you can reach behind the interface
and change them, it might be easier simply to have a "Migrate to System
Tray" button inside your system's GUI. This could toggle to "Normal
Iconisation" when the window only appeared int he system tray.

Or, you could do what the Windows Task Manager does, and provide both a
standard icon *and* a system tray icon.

Noticed you seem to be pretty new to c.l.py, so while I have your
attention: welcome aboard!

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 703 861 4237 +1 800 494 3119

vincent wehren

"Austin" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:d3fu6s$5ek$(E-Mail Removed)...
|I wrote a GUI program with wxPython.
| In the window, there are 3 attributes on left top.
| "_" could let the program to minimize to tool bar.
| I want to let the program minimized to the system tray.

You can take look at "Main.py" in the wx Demo.

Look for "class DemoTaskBarIcon(wx.TaskBarIcon)" and how it is
used in the "wxPythonDemo" class.

| Is there any way to let the window have 4 attributes?

Not that I know of.

HTH,
--

Vincent Wehren

To minimize the java window tosystem tray Percy Java 7 03-15-2008 03:02 PM
Minimize window when Show a ASP .Net 0 10-10-2005 10:31 AM
in wxPython, how to minimize the window in absence of minimize button? Erik Bethke Python 1 02-08-2005 03:35 PM
how to open a browser window without the close-maxmize-minimize bar? feng ASP .Net 1 12-04-2003 03:46 PM

Advertisments