Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > MAC level security for AP350 using MS IAS

Reply
Thread Tools

MAC level security for AP350 using MS IAS

 
 
Colin J Heseltine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2004
Can anyone point me to information on how to configure MAC level
authentication using Microsofts IAS. Wish to be able to control clients
attaching via Cisco350 Access Points.

TIA

Colin


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pat Donlon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2004
"Colin J Heseltine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cccjpf$o8i$1$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Can anyone point me to information on how to configure MAC level
> authentication using Microsofts IAS. Wish to be able to control clients
> attaching via Cisco350 Access Points.
>
> TIA
>
> Colin


http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/...801c9520.shtml

This is a link to config Leap authentication for Radius. You'll just
need to change this to use MAC authentication if your MS IAS is just
performing authentication. If you need some more info, I've a text
file somewhere detailing the setup on the AP350.

Cheers

Pat
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2004
Pat Donlon wrote:
> "Colin J Heseltine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cccjpf$o8i$1$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
>>Can anyone point me to information on how to configure MAC level
>>authentication using Microsofts IAS. Wish to be able to control clients
>>attaching via Cisco350 Access Points.
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Colin

>
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/...801c9520.shtml
>
> This is a link to config Leap authentication for Radius. You'll just
> need to change this to use MAC authentication if your MS IAS is just
> performing authentication. If you need some more info, I've a text
> file somewhere detailing the setup on the AP350.
>
> Cheers
>
> Pat

Pat , The Link is not working , could you also send the textfile to me
please, I have the same problem !

Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
Colin J Heseltine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2004
Pat,
Unfortunately I cannot get to the link either. If you could send the files
directly to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Colin.
"peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccgroh$ush$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pat Donlon wrote:
> > "Colin J Heseltine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<cccjpf$o8i$1$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> >
> >>Can anyone point me to information on how to configure MAC level
> >>authentication using Microsofts IAS. Wish to be able to control clients
> >>attaching via Cisco350 Access Points.
> >>
> >>TIA
> >>
> >>Colin

> >
> >
> >

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/...801c9520.shtml
> >
> > This is a link to config Leap authentication for Radius. You'll just
> > need to change this to use MAC authentication if your MS IAS is just
> > performing authentication. If you need some more info, I've a text
> > file somewhere detailing the setup on the AP350.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Pat

> Pat , The Link is not working , could you also send the textfile to me
> please, I have the same problem !
>
> Peter



 
Reply With Quote
 
Pat Donlon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
"Colin J Heseltine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cchl0j$7qh$1$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Pat,
> Unfortunately I cannot get to the link either. If you could send the files
> directly to me I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Colin.
> "peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ccgroh$ush$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Pat Donlon wrote:
> > > "Colin J Heseltine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<cccjpf$o8i$1$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > >
> > >>Can anyone point me to information on how to configure MAC level
> > >>authentication using Microsofts IAS. Wish to be able to control clients
> > >>attaching via Cisco350 Access Points.
> > >>
> > >>TIA
> > >>
> > >>Colin
> > >
> > >
> > >

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/...801c9520.shtml
> > >
> > > This is a link to config Leap authentication for Radius. You'll just
> > > need to change this to use MAC authentication if your MS IAS is just
> > > performing authentication. If you need some more info, I've a text
> > > file somewhere detailing the setup on the AP350.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Pat

> > Pat , The Link is not working , could you also send the textfile to me
> > please, I have the same problem !
> >
> > Peter


I've mailed you offline the link requires CCO login.

Cheers

Pat
 
Reply With Quote
 
peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
Pat Donlon wrote:

> "Colin J Heseltine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cchl0j$7qh$1$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
>>Pat,
>>Unfortunately I cannot get to the link either. If you could send the files
>>directly to me I would appreciate it.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Colin.
>>"peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:ccgroh$ush$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Pat Donlon wrote:
>>>
>>>>"Colin J Heseltine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>>
>> news:<cccjpf$o8i$1$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>>
>>>>>Can anyone point me to information on how to configure MAC level
>>>>>authentication using Microsofts IAS. Wish to be able to control clients
>>>>>attaching via Cisco350 Access Points.
>>>>>
>>>>>TIA
>>>>>
>>>>>Colin
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>

>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/...801c9520.shtml
>>
>>>>This is a link to config Leap authentication for Radius. You'll just
>>>>need to change this to use MAC authentication if your MS IAS is just
>>>>performing authentication. If you need some more info, I've a text
>>>>file somewhere detailing the setup on the AP350.
>>>>
>>>>Cheers
>>>>
>>>>Pat
>>>
>>>Pat , The Link is not working , could you also send the textfile to me
>>>please, I have the same problem !
>>>
>>>Peter

>
>
> I've mailed you offline the link requires CCO login.
>
> Cheers
>
> Pat

Pat,
Did you mail it to me too. I have a loginaccount on the CIsco site is
that not enough to enter the page you mentioned ?

Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
mh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
just remove "/customer" from the URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...801c9520.shtml
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
c is a low-level language or neither low level nor high level language pabbu C Programming 8 11-07-2005 03:05 PM
Accessing higher security level from higher security level nderose@gmail.com Cisco 0 07-11-2005 10:20 PM
view file level / directory level security Anthony ASP General 0 08-06-2004 10:46 PM
AP350 has no radio interface! Al Blake Cisco 1 04-15-2004 09:03 PM
config Cisco AP350/AP4800 as an WGB resp. as a Repeater with Ethernet Client's km Cisco 0 01-26-2004 09:20 AM



Advertisments