Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Looking for Stephen Turner, maintainer of informixdb

Reply
Thread Tools

Looking for Stephen Turner, maintainer of informixdb

 
 
Carsten Haese
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2005
Hello everybody:

I have discovered that the functionality for connecting Python to an
Informix database is currently in a frustrating state of neglect. The
link to Kinfxdb is dead, and informixdb doesn't build on Python 2. I
couldn't find any usable workarounds to the build problem, so I worked
out successfully how to build informixdb using distutils.

Now I'd like to share the result with the community, but the maintainer
appears to have gone missing. My emails to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) and
(E-Mail Removed) have bounced back undeliverable, so now I'm
posting to the lists trying to locate Stephen.

If anybody has any pointers for locating Stephen Turner, please let me
know. If Stephen can't be located, I'd be willing to take over the
project, but I'd prefer the torch be given to me rather than me just
taking it.

Thanks,

--
Carsten Haese - Software Engineer | Phone: (419) 861-3331
Unique Systems, Inc. | FAX: (419) 861-3340
1446 Reynolds Rd, Suite 313 |
Maumee, OH 43537 | (E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Michael Husmann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2005
Carsten Haese wrote:

> Hello everybody:
>
> I have discovered that the functionality for connecting Python to an
> Informix database is currently in a frustrating state of neglect. The
> link to Kinfxdb is dead, and informixdb doesn't build on Python 2. I
> couldn't find any usable workarounds to the build problem, so I worked
> out successfully how to build informixdb using distutils.
>
> Now I'd like to share the result with the community, but the maintainer
> appears to have gone missing. My emails to (E-Mail Removed) and
> (E-Mail Removed) have bounced back undeliverable, so now I'm
> posting to the lists trying to locate Stephen.
>
> If anybody has any pointers for locating Stephen Turner, please let me
> know. If Stephen can't be located, I'd be willing to take over the
> project, but I'd prefer the torch be given to me rather than me just
> taking it.


Carsten,

haven't heard anything from Stephen either, but there are some extensions to
the informixdb module. I'll send the sources to you next week. So if you
like you can bundle everything in one package.

Kind greetings,
Michael
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Carsten Haese
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-04-2005
On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 03:05, Michael Husmann wrote:
> Carsten Haese wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody:
> >
> > I have discovered that the functionality for connecting Python to an
> > Informix database is currently in a frustrating state of neglect. The
> > link to Kinfxdb is dead, and informixdb doesn't build on Python 2. I
> > couldn't find any usable workarounds to the build problem, so I worked
> > out successfully how to build informixdb using distutils.
> >
> > Now I'd like to share the result with the community, but the maintainer
> > appears to have gone missing. My emails to (E-Mail Removed) and
> > (E-Mail Removed) have bounced back undeliverable, so now I'm
> > posting to the lists trying to locate Stephen.
> >
> > If anybody has any pointers for locating Stephen Turner, please let me
> > know. If Stephen can't be located, I'd be willing to take over the
> > project, but I'd prefer the torch be given to me rather than me just
> > taking it.

>
> Carsten,
>
> haven't heard anything from Stephen either, but there are some extensions to
> the informixdb module. I'll send the sources to you next week. So if you
> like you can bundle everything in one package.


Michael, I'd certainly like to take a look at those extensions. (I tried
to respond to you off-list, but my mail bounced back. Is this project
cursed or am I? I hope you're reading this, Michael.)

A week has gone by with no replies as to Stephen's whereabouts, and one
reply telling me that I can, in good faith, go ahead and release a fork.
Unless somebody tells me I should wait longer, I guess I'll do that.
Stay tuned for the announcement on when and where my fork will be
available.

Best regards,

--
Carsten Haese - Software Engineer | Phone: (419) 861-3331
Unique Systems, Inc. | FAX: (419) 861-3340
1446 Reynolds Rd, Suite 313 |
Maumee, OH 43537 | (E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for open source project maintainer Ulli Horlacher Java 6 09-18-2011 11:36 AM
RMagick is looking for a maintainer Tim Hunter Ruby 0 10-04-2009 10:30 PM
[ANN] Python API InformixDB-2.0 released Carsten Haese Python 0 10-24-2005 12:15 PM
InformixDB-1.5 released Carsten Haese Python 0 09-19-2005 01:36 PM
Informixdb: New maintainer, new version Carsten Haese Python 0 04-12-2005 02:30 PM



Advertisments