Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Interface selection

Interface selection

ias0nas@lycos.com

Hello,

How can I select on wich interface a socket will connect to?
Say I have a pc with one network card and a 56K modem, how can I select
on wich interface will the socket connect?

Thank you

Diez B. Roggisch

> Hello,
>
> How can I select on wich interface a socket will connect to?
> Say I have a pc with one network card and a 56K modem, how can I select
> on wich interface will the socket connect?

you need to specify the ip address that interface has been assigned to in
the bind-call.
--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch

ias0nas@lycos.com

Actually its not a server. I dont do any binding call, just a connect.

Diez B. Roggisch

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Actually its not a server. I dont do any binding call, just a connect.

Then where is your problem? The two interfaces have been assigned distinct
IPs, so connect to the appropriate one.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch

Serge Orlov

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Actually its not a server. I dont do any binding call, just a

connect.

Bind is not only for server sockets. Googling for "bind client socket"
reveals an example: http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/sockets.html

Serge.