Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Feedback - CiscoWorks SIMS

Feedback - CiscoWorks SIMS

George

Can somebody share his experience with
CiscoWorks Security Information Management Solution (CiscoWorks SIMS)?
How do you like it? Is it doing what it is supposed to do well?

Thanks

Phil Hollows

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (George) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Can somebody share his experience with
> CiscoWorks Security Information Management Solution (CiscoWorks SIMS)?
> How do you like it? Is it doing what it is supposed to do well?
>
> Thanks

George:

I'll come right out and say my company has a software solution that
competes head to head with CW SIMS (aka netForensics). Since you're
doing your due diligence online, please visit www.open.com and check
out the pages for Security Threat Manager.

Not only do we support Cisco products, we also correlate events from
other vendors' products, such as ISS, Secure Computing, Netscreen,
Checkpoint, Lucent, Symantec, Sophos, Network Associates, open source
and more. Unlike SIMS, which cannot correlate events with
vulnerability assessment data, our product can, which makes it much
more successful at eliminating fals positives and identifying the most
important threats to your organization.

Also, since it's software based, it will run on the platform you
choose, and has much more flexibility to scale out to handle greater
loads than SIMS does.

Thanks

Phil Hollows
VP Security Products