Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > router OSPF 1 - not entering router config

router OSPF 1 - not entering router config

Preston Gallwas

We're stumped here - at the global config prompt, when we enter
"router ospf 1" it simply returns us to the global config prompt,
instead of showing Router(config-router)#

We're unable to start OSPF routing as a result

Any ideas?

Hansang Bae

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)12.wa.us says...
> We're stumped here - at the global config prompt, when we enter
> "router ospf 1" it simply returns us to the global config prompt,
> instead of showing Router(config-router)#
>
> We're unable to start OSPF routing as a result
>
> Any ideas?

What *exactly* does the router prompt look like?

--

hsb

Zoidberg

(E-Mail Removed)12.wa.us (Preston Gallwas) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> We're stumped here - at the global config prompt, when we enter
> "router ospf 1" it simply returns us to the global config prompt,
> instead of showing Router(config-router)#
>
> We're unable to start OSPF routing as a result
>
> Any ideas?

just a shot in the dark - the device you are configuring - is it a
switch ?
If so, you want to make sure that it is running an EMI image - SMI
will show this behaviour as it does not support OSPF

cheers
Klaus

Gordon Smith

"Preston Gallwas" <(E-Mail Removed)12.wa.us> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> We're stumped here - at the global config prompt, when we enter
> "router ospf 1" it simply returns us to the global config prompt,
> instead of showing Router(config-router)#
>
> We're unable to start OSPF routing as a result
>
> Any ideas?

Type sh ver and post the output....
Have you turned on routing?
conf t