Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > win32com and Python2.4: Interpreter crashing!

win32com and Python2.4: Interpreter crashing!

Tim N. van der Leeuw

Hi,

When trying to use win32com functionality with Python2.4, the
interpreter often crashes!

I don't know if it's a known problem already that will be fixed in an
upcoming Python2.4.1 version.

Basically, the problem is:
makepy.py generates a (large, nearly 2mb) Python file for use with COM
interfaces of an MS Excel. Generating the file seems to work fine.
However, when trying to import this file, the interpreter crashes
trying to compile it into a .pyc file.

The same file gives no such problems with Python 2.3.5.

I first just used makepy.py with Python2.4, but it crashed after
generating a large Python file.

Then I created the file using python2.3.5, and copied it to my
python2.4 installation, and that crashes python2.4 when importing it.

So as I said before: is this a known problem already fixed for the next
release, or should I collect crash-information for this problem?

cheers,

--Tim

Roger Upole

There's a bug in the tokenizer that's triggered by the long
lines generated by makepy. See
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...18&atid=551954
and
www.python.org/sf/1089395

Roger

"Tim N. van der Leeuw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> When trying to use win32com functionality with Python2.4, the
> interpreter often crashes!
>
> I don't know if it's a known problem already that will be fixed in an
> upcoming Python2.4.1 version.
>
> Basically, the problem is:
> makepy.py generates a (large, nearly 2mb) Python file for use with COM
> interfaces of an MS Excel. Generating the file seems to work fine.
> However, when trying to import this file, the interpreter crashes
> trying to compile it into a .pyc file.
>
> The same file gives no such problems with Python 2.3.5.
>
> I first just used makepy.py with Python2.4, but it crashed after
> generating a large Python file.
>
> Then I created the file using python2.3.5, and copied it to my
> python2.4 installation, and that crashes python2.4 when importing it.
>

> So as I said before: is this a known problem already fixed for the next
> release, or should I collect crash-information for this problem?
>

> cheers,
>
> --Tim

Python embedded interpreter: how to initialize the interpreter ? ycollet@freesurf.fr Python 3 01-03-2007 01:00 AM
win32com and apache and permissions Chris Curvey Python 1 05-14-2005 01:08 PM
Newbie in win32com: getters and setters Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys,GE Interlogix) Python 0 10-23-2003 09:57 PM
py2exe and win32com Marc Python 1 10-16-2003 07:25 AM
win32com and com Record types Mike Margerum Python 2 08-20-2003 02:56 PM

Advertisments