Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > WiFi setup and connecting to access point

WiFi setup and connecting to access point

wifiguy

I have an ASUS WiFi Home card linked to my cable modem, and I'm trying
to set up a wireless LAN that will work with my laptop. Everything
seems to be set up correctly. I'm getting strong signals both on my
base station computer as well as through the Cisco wireless LAN
adapter on my laptop. However, for whatever reason, I can't seem to
actually connect to the access point from the laptop. I ran a
troubleshooting diagnostic and it's basically telling me that the
association with the access point is fine but that it's "unable to
send or receive messages to and from your access point." Yet, I know
that it can see the access point because it's showing an "excellent"
connection between them. I have checked all the settings, and
everything seems to be configured correctly. Does anyone have any idea
what might be causing this? Thanks!