Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Is it possible to use the logging-module in a threadless environment?

Is it possible to use the logging-module in a threadless environment?

Roger

I'd like to use a program (roundup) that imports the logging.config
module on a machine where I could not get the thread and threading
modules to compile.

How dangerous is it to changing /lib/python2.4/logging/config.py to
something like:

import dummy_thread as thread, dummy_threading as threading

Thanks in advance,
Roger Erens

Denis S. Otkidach

On 17 Feb 2005 05:41:12 -0800
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Roger) wrote:

> I'd like to use a program (roundup) that imports the logging.config
> module on a machine where I could not get the thread and threading
> modules to compile.
>
> How dangerous is it to changing /lib/python2.4/logging/config.py to
> something like:
>
> import dummy_thread as thread, dummy_threading as threading

I believe it's a bug and logging/config.py should use the same approach
as logging/__init__.py do:

try:
import thread
import threading