Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Getting milliseconds in Python

Getting milliseconds in Python

Brian Beck

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Brian Beck wrote:
>

>>That IS what you want.
>>
>>seconds * 100 = milliseconds

> are you sure you know what a millisecond is?
>
> (duck)

Touché.

But it was a typo.

--
Brian Beck
Adventurer of the First Order

Curt

On 2005-02-16, Brian Beck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>seconds * 100 = milliseconds

>> are you sure you know what a millisecond is?
>>
>> (duck)

> Touché.
>
> But it was a typo.

Oh, you meant 'seconds / 100 = milliseconds'?

(canard)

Brian Beck

Curt wrote:
> Oh, you meant 'seconds / 100 = milliseconds'?
>
> (canard)

I assume you're suggesting that there are two typos in my original post
(the * and the 100)...

Despite a millisecond being a thousandth of a second, given the number
of seconds provided by the time module, he does have to *multiply* by a
thousand to get the number of milliseconds.

2 seconds * 1000 = 2000 milliseconds

So, aside from the 100 in the original post, it may look misleading, but
that is what he would need to do...

--
Brian Beck
Adventurer of the First Order

Martin Christensen

Brian Beck

Martin Christensen wrote:
> A math teacher! A math teacher! My kingdom for a math teacher!
>
> Martin

Man, this is the hottest topic on c.l.py since that Lazaridis guy...