Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX-515E

PIX-515E

Zachary Burns

I'm new to the PIX scene and was looking for something basic to get me
started and then I can tweak the configuration. I have a 3 NIC setup in
which I'll have a public (outside), private (inside) lan clients
(192.168.1.x) , and private (dmz) servers (192.168.2.x). Eventually, I'll
add VPN support.

Does somebody have a sample configuration I can look at that'll work for my
scenario?

Thanks,

Zack

paul blitz

As one who started on a pix using command line, and then discovering another
pix has PDM (= Pix Device Manager = easy to use web interface!) I would
strongly suggest you see if you can get PDM on your pix (do a search at
cisco for "PDM")... as a pix newbie, your brain will cope a LOT better!

paul

"Zachary Burns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm new to the PIX scene and was looking for something basic to get me
> started and then I can tweak the configuration. I have a 3 NIC setup in
> which I'll have a public (outside), private (inside) lan clients
> (192.168.1.x) , and private (dmz) servers (192.168.2.x). Eventually, I'll
> add VPN support.
>
> Does somebody have a sample configuration I can look at that'll work for

my
> scenario?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zack

Zachary Burns

That's the first thing I did, but I just fell like I was still loosing
control. Not really sure it was doing what I wanted. That's why I was
looking for a sample to compare the output from PDM to somebody's working
sample (just to make sure I had all my bases covered).

Zack

news:40d94083$0$281$(E-Mail Removed) t...