Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python COM Makepy Excel 9.0 error

Python COM Makepy Excel 9.0 error

nvhengr@gmail.com

Has anyone seen this? When I run the COM Makepy utility and choose
Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library (1.3), I get an application error
message:

PythonWin: Pythonwin.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x77fcc87" referenced memory at "0x0307a705". The
memory could not be "read".

I do not get this error when I choose the Microsoft Office 9.0 Object
Library (2.1).

I have tried this from one other computer and got a similar error
message. I looked all over the 'net for enlightenment and have so far
been unsuccessful. Does anyone have an idea what can be going on and
how to get around it?

I am using Python 2.4 under Windows 2000SP4. I have also installed
pywin32 (build 203 for Python 2.4) and py2exe-0.5.4 for Python 2.4.

Python 2.3 and the COM Makepy utility (Python 2.3 version) seems to run
okay.

I am writing a rather complicated set of instructions to manipulate a
series of Excel 2000 spreadsheets and have already added quite a few of
the features from Python 2.4, so I hope I do not have to revert back to
Python 2.3. Any suggestions?

Thank you, in advance,
Christopher D. Morgan, P.E., Ph.D.

Jim Sizelove

> Has anyone seen this? When I run the COM Makepy utility and choose
> Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library (1.3), I get an application error
> message:
>
> PythonWin: Pythonwin.exe - Application Error
> The instruction at "0x77fcc87" referenced memory at "0x0307a705". The
> memory could not be "read".
>
> I do not get this error when I choose the Microsoft Office 9.0 Object
> Library (2.1).
>
> I have tried this from one other computer and got a similar error
> message. I looked all over the 'net for enlightenment and have so far
> been unsuccessful. Does anyone have an idea what can be going on and
> how to get around it?
>
> I am using Python 2.4 under Windows 2000SP4. I have also installed
> pywin32 (build 203 for Python 2.4) and py2exe-0.5.4 for Python 2.4.
>
> Python 2.3 and the COM Makepy utility (Python 2.3 version) seems to run
> okay.
>
> I am writing a rather complicated set of instructions to manipulate a
> series of Excel 2000 spreadsheets and have already added quite a few of
> the features from Python 2.4, so I hope I do not have to revert back to
> Python 2.3. Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you, in advance,
> Christopher D. Morgan, P.E., Ph.D.

I experienced similar problems when moving some code from Python 2.3 to
Python 2.4. Seems that running "makepy -d ..." works. See Mark
Hammond's explanation at:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pyt...er/002743.html
[python-win32] WMI scripting makepy error with ActivePython 2.4.0

HTH,
Jim Sizelove

Chris

Thank you! That did the trick.

OLE - Python MakePy utility zxem Ruby 0 12-18-2007 09:44 PM
Running the makepy tool automatically from a python script Svenn-Ivar Svendsen Python 2 06-21-2004 10:14 PM
ADO and Makepy Alv Mart Python 1 11-12-2003 10:20 PM
makepy must be run after restart of pythonwin bk Python 0 08-07-2003 08:20 AM
makepy must be run after restart of pythonwin bk Python 0 08-06-2003 03:02 PM

Advertisments