Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: def __init__ question in a class definition

Re: def __init__ question in a class definition

Miki Tebeka

Hello Jeffrey,

> I have an open source program which i am trying to add to.
>
> class classname(member,member)
>
> def __init__(self,list)
> self.__list = list
> self.refresh = 360
>
> my question is what is the __ (double underscore) represent, if
> anything, in this bliock of assignmeents? I wish to add some more names
> but do not know if i need the __ or not?
>
> IE: is there any special significance to the __ in this case.

http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

Bye.
Miki Tebeka <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://tebeka.bizhat.com
The only difference between children and adults is the price of the toys

Duncan Booth

Miki Tebeka wrote:

>> IE: is there any special significance to the __ in this case.

> http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

specifically section 9.6

Also Python Reference Manual, section 2.3.2 Reserved classes of identifiers