Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python 2.1 - 2.4 differences

Python 2.1 - 2.4 differences

BOOGIEMAN

I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ? Also does anybody know where
can I download any newer Python related e-book, because there isn't any
published yet in my country.

Fredrik Lundh

"BOOGIEMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
> first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ?

almost everything that works under 2.1 works under 2.4. the opposite
isn't always true, though. for more information on new stuff, see:

http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.3/whatsnew/
http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.4/whatsnew/
http://www.python.org/doc/2.4/whatsnew/whatsnew24.html

and

http://effbot.org/zone/librarybook-py21.htm
http://effbot.org/zone/librarybook-py22.htm
http://effbot.org/zone/librarybook-py23.htm

</F>

Simon Brunning

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:13:44 +0100, BOOGIEMAN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
> first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ?

Pretty musch the same, but naturally, some things have changed. See
these documents for the major changes, by release:
* http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.3/whatsnew/
* http://www.python.org/doc/2.3/whatsnew/
* http://www.python.org/doc/2.4/whatsnew/

--
Cheers,
Simon B,

Dan Perl

I'm not sure whether it's worth learning python from a book on 2.1 because
of the changes that were made especially in 2.2 (see
http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.1/whatsnew/,
http://www.python.org/2.2.1/descrintro.html).

I don't know of a specific e-book on Python although there are several good
on-line tutorials. But if getting published books is difficult in your
country, then I would heartily recommend Safari Books Online
(http://www.safaribooksonline.com/). I have been using it for a few months
and I find it to be very useful.

Dan

"BOOGIEMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tcedpqix23lw$.v3p06vutw05p$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
> first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ? Also does anybody know
> where
> can I download any newer Python related e-book, because there isn't any
> published yet in my country.

Brian van den Broek

> "BOOGIEMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tcedpqix23lw$.v3p06vutw05p$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
>first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ? Also does anybody know
>where
>can I download any newer Python related e-book, because there isn't any
>published yet in my country.

Hi,

Dive Into Python is available both as a physical book and at
<http://diveintopython.org/>. It is reported to be a good intro for
those with programming experience. I don't and found it quite
readable, albeit after looking at some gentler books first.

A quick examination of my local copy has a revision date of
2004-05-20. (There may be a more recent version at the site.) I can't
seem to find an indication of Python version covered, but some of the
interactive prompts have at least the Python 2.3.2 version identifier.

HTH,

Brian vdB

RPM1

"BOOGIEMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...
> I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
> first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ? Also does anybody know

where
> can I download any newer Python related e-book, because there isn't any
> published yet in my country.

Take a look at:
http://diveintopython.org